Re: Epoch + snort sponser

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:

The new snort RPM's are about ready, but am wondering about stripping
the Epoch out.  I've noticed when I build RPM's without the Epoch then I
can't simply 'rpm -Fvh' the rpm, it doesn't see it as an upgrade.  If I
put the Epoch back in the spec then it'll update just fine.

Ideas on how to safely get rid of the Epoch?  Or am I just stuck with it
there forever?

A non-zero Epoch can never be removed (without breaking upgradability, as you just noticed :)

	- Panu -