Re: dist tags, build targets, and sparcs!

On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:23:59 -0400 (EDT), Chris Ricker wrote:

> On Mon, 9 May 2005, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
> > This is supposed to work.  And with the tweak I just made, it should
> > again.  Thanks for the catch.
>
> Good deal, thanks!
>
> Doing this
>
> $ mkdir foo
> $ cd foo
> $ cvs co FC-3
> $ cd FC-3/xdaliclock
> $ make tag
>
> now works. If I then do
>
> $ make build
>
> that fails -- just does
>
> [kaboom urd xdaliclock]$ make build
> [kaboom urd xdaliclock]$

I got similar misbehaviour early this morning. It looked like this:

  cvs co mod1 mod2 mod3 mod4
  cd mod1/devel
  make build
  cd ../../mod2/devel
  make build
  [and so on]

The first make build worked, and I got the usual output and
syncmail message. The next two make builds did return without any
output. The fourth make build did work again. That's why my
build requests were not in order, i.e. not sorted alphabetically
as I processed them.

For my retry, I did "cvs up" in "common" for the two modules which
had failed earlier.

--
Fedora Core release 3.91 (Pre-FC4) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1287_FC4
loadavg: 2.50 2.29 2.22