Celestia and Stellarirum for Extras

Peter Lawler fedora-extras-list at six-by-nine.com.au
Wed May 11 05:08:52 UTC 2005

Hi!
I'm offering to maintain/keep an eye on Celestia and Stellarium for
Extras. I also have a view to other project for extras (see below).

The current RPM version for FC3 is 1.3.2, and the current Celestia is
1.3.2. I've taken a look at the patch that the FC3 version ships with,
and there's been no release from the Celestia team since 1.3.2, so I
really can't think of anything I can do there to help.

With regards to Stellarium, the same situation applies (however with
their version at 0.6.2).

I mentioned in #fedora-extras that merely re-building them would be a
bit cheap for me, as it would not demonstrate I understand the packaging
process. I'll just have to hedge my bets that trying to get
Freejay/Veejay/Rosegarden happening on FC4test will be a little more
useful for demonstrating my appreciation for the rules.

Regards,

Pete.