Re: Errors on x86_64 (broken c++ headers?)

Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Quentin Spencer wrote:

So, the errors appear to be caused by the c++ header files. How is it possible that the header files are broken on one arch and not another? Any other insights into what might have caused this and how to fix it?

There's something weird about mach and C++, I've seen this and some other weirdness just recently myself. The above can be worked around by setting
a suitable CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/c++ ... before %configure.

Another oddity I found is that for Wine to build within mach I had to use
LDFLAGS="-lstdc++" %configure - which doesn't make any sense to me either.

Thanks for the tips. So, this is a bug in mach then? Why only on x86_64? I'd like to get this thing to build finally, so I'm inclined to add this change to configure and submit a rebuild. However, it seems wrong to have to change the spec file because of a bug in something external. Can something be done about this?

-Quentin