Re: Errors on x86_64 (broken c++ headers?)

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 10:03 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:
Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Quentin Spencer wrote:

So, the errors appear to be caused by the c++ header files. How is it
possible that the header files are broken on one arch and not
another? Any other insights into what might have caused this and how
to fix it?

There's something weird about mach and C++, I've seen this and some other weirdness just recently myself. The above can be worked around by setting a suitable CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/c++ ... before %configure.

Another oddity I found is that for Wine to build within mach I had to use
LDFLAGS="-lstdc++" %configure - which doesn't make any sense to me
either.

Thanks for the tips.
Sorry, these are work-arounds to bugs. They should be inacceptable to be
added to rpm specs.

g++ is supposed to find its internal headers and libraries without any
manual assistance.

So, this is a bug in mach then?
Dunno.

Something weird in the chroot environment obviously but what exactly causes it ... ideas would be more than welcome :)

Why only on x86_64?
Probably multilibs.

It's not just multlib, for example the problem with Wine building happens on i386 chroot.

	- Panu -