Re: Errors on x86_64 (broken c++ headers?)

Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 10:03 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:

Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Quentin Spencer wrote:

So, the errors appear to be caused by the c++ header files. How is it
possible that the header files are broken on one arch and not
another? Any other insights into what might have caused this and how
to fix it?

There's something weird about mach and C++, I've seen this and some
other weirdness just recently myself. The above can be worked around
by setting
a suitable CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/c++ ... before %configure.

Another oddity I found is that for Wine to build within mach I had to use
LDFLAGS="-lstdc++" %configure - which doesn't make any sense to me
either.

Thanks for the tips.

Sorry, these are work-arounds to bugs. They should be inacceptable to be added to rpm specs.

g++ is supposed to find its internal headers and libraries without any
manual assistance.

So, this is a bug in mach then?

Dunno.

Something weird in the chroot environment obviously but what exactly causes it ... ideas would be more than welcome :)

If something's wrong with the build environment that causes some packages to fail when they wouldn't otherwise, maybe we need to allow for manual builds when necessary. I agree that it's incorrect to be patching our spec files to work around these. I don't have any way of debugging this because of lack of access to the hardware, and I don't want my package sitting around indefinitely until someone figures out why these kind of things are going wrong. Suggestions?

-Quentin