make build TARGET=... problem

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu May 12 16:54:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:26:05 +0100, José Pedro Oliveira wrote:

> Also in one of the make build retries (the second I had to make in the
> last couple of hours) I also got the following output
>
>    ----
>    $ make build TARGET=development
>    For more information on using the Fedora CVS repositories, please
>    visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
>    cvs update: checksum failure after patch to ./tobuild; will refetch

Very unusual. As far as I know, a "checksum failure after patch" means
that cvs downloaded a diff between your local working copy and the
repository, tried to apply that diff and then noticed that the
resulting file doesn't match the checksum it should have. I think with
update -C it checks out a file completely instead of applying a patch.

If you continue to run into problems, you could edit your Makefile.common
and call "cvs -t update -C tobuild" instead of "cvs -Q ...".

Or even drop -Q for some time, so it's not completely quiet.

>    For more information on using the Fedora CVS repositories, please
>    visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
>    cvs client: refetching unpatchable files
>    $

And all this is still part of cvs update, so in the end it should
get a tobuild file (whatever revision it may be) and append a single
build request, then commit it.

>    ----
>
> Note: I did a make build in another package before retying in the one
> that add failed:
>
> Replay:
>    1) perl-Test-Pod $ make build TARGET=development
>

> jpo

Since the Makefile is not made for concurrent access, all steps after
eachother, hopefully...

Btw, you should not need to specify TARGET=... anymore.

--
Fedora Core release 3.91 (Pre-FC4) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1290_FC4
loadavg: 1.03 1.07 1.08