Re: Request for review: rxvt-unicode, evilwm

Since I had more time today then I thought I would have here are the results of a first quick look:
-drop the Epoch 0, no need to set an explicit Epoch
-you seem to disable a lott of features, last time I checked those could
be disabled at runtime, please compile them in so that people who want
them can use them. I know this makes the binary slightly bigger, but it
is till no konsole or gnome-terminal. For example:
-enable the scrollbars
-enable all codepages
-drop the INSTALL file from %doc
-add the LICENCSE file to %doc

Regards,

Hans

Peter Lemenkov wrote:

Hello, All!

Can anyone check these spec-files for consistency?

Rxvt-Unicode:

--------------------------
Rxvt-unicode.

rxvt-unicode is a clone of the well known terminal emulator rxvt.
It's main features (many of them unique) over rxvt are:

* Stores text in Unicode (either UCS-2 or UCS-4).
* Uses locale-correct input, output and width: as long as your system supports the locale, rxvt-unicode will display correctly.
* Daemon mode: one daemon can open multiple windows on multiple displays, which improves memory usage and startup time considerably.
* Crash-free. At least I try, but rxvt-unicode certainly crashes much less often than rxvt and it's many clones, and reproducible bugs get fixed immediately.
* Completely flicker-free.
* Full combining character support (unlike xterm :).
* Multiple fonts supported at the same time: No need to choose between nice japanese and ugly latin, or no japanese and nice latin characters :).
* Supports Xft and core fonts in any combination.
* Can easily be embedded into other applications.
* All documentation accessible through manpages.
* Locale-independent XIM support.
* Many small improvements, such as improved and correct terminfo, improved secondary screen modes, italic and bold font support, tinting and shading.

SPEC:

 http://paula.comtv.ru/rxvt-unicode.spec
--------------------------

--------------------------
Evilwm.
A minimalist window manager for the X Window System.

'Minimalist' here doesn't mean it's too bare to be usable - it just means it omits a lot of the stuff that make other window managers unusable. Here is a list of features:

* No window decorations apart from a simple 1 pixel border.
* No icons.
* Good keyboard control, including repositioning and maximise toggles.
* Solid window drags (compile time option - may be slow on old machines).
* Snap-to-border support (command line option).
* Virtual desktops (compile time option).
* Small binary size (even with everything turned on).

SPEC:

http://paula.comtv.ru/evilwm.spec