Re: NIS server tool

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 13:07 -0700, glen mail cert ucr edu wrote:

Hi there,

So I put together a little app for configuring an NIS server, and I was hoping
to get it into Fedora extras.  You can check it out here by the way:
http://pah.cert.ucr.edu/~glen/system-config-nis.tar.bz2

In looking at the extras site it looks like I'll need someone to sponser me
before I can get my junk added to extras, and so I was hoping someone could
sponser me, or at least let me know what else I need to do at this point to get
my package accepted.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewPackageProcess

The first step would be to actually create a package, and not just have
a tarball for it.

Well, if you open the tarball up, you'll see that I've tried to do just that. I have a spec file and all. But I'm still having trouble getting xgettext to work on my python code so I can do the internationalization junk. And I really don't get it, the same command seems to work just fine on the python code from redhat-config-rootpassword, but on my code it doesn't spit out anything. So maybe someone could lend a hand here?

Oh, and I reorginized my web stuff a little, so you can grab the thing here now:
http://pah.cert.ucr.edu/~glen/config_tools/system-config-nis.tar.bz2