Re: New package: denyhosts

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> MM> Right -- that's the purpose it serves.
>
> Now I'm really confused.  The same package works fine on FC1, 2, 3 and
> in all likelihood 4.  So what's the purpose of using a disttag?  The
> package would have exactly the same content.

That's the problem.

package foo-1.0-1.arch.rpm built on FC3 is NOT the same package as
foo-1.0-1.arch.rpm built on FC4, even if both are built from the identical
foo.spec file. Dependencies may be different, paths may be different, etc.

using %{?dist} just ensures that the release field reflects that they're
different packages

later,
chris