Re: Approval needed: ghc

Warren Togami wrote:
Jens Petersen wrote:
A seed package for the buildsystem for i386, ppc and x86_64 is at:
 http://people.redhat.com/petersen/extras/ghc-6.4-1.src.rpm (67MB)
 http://people.redhat.com/petersen/extras/ghc.spec
and ghc standard source package is in extras cvs under ghc/FC-3
and ghc/devel already.

Good enough, and go ahead with compat-gcc-32. Don't forget to add the BuildRequires. I'll post the APPROVED message now.

Thanks. Should I import the above seed package into cvs too? :)

That'll disappear on the second build since ghc builds ghc?

Actually no, since some of the low-level arch-dependent parts of ghc are written in C. (I'm not sure exactly how much work is involved but the next stable release ghc-6.4.1 will probably build ok with gcc4.)

Jens