Re: Build problems on x86_64

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 05:28 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:

Is there any possible explanation other than a bug in gcc?

Yes, broken inline asm, bug in as, bug in g++, bug in libstdc++
(templates can contain inline asm), invalid source code, etc.

Shouldn't g++ catch invalid source code? If it builds on another arch (completed on ppc, and builds on my i386), doesn't that exclude invalid source code as a possible cause here?

You will want to have a look into the preprocessed sources (gcc -save-temps) and check for the origin of this complaint.

Since I don't have access to x86_64 hardware, I really don't know how to proceed. Before filing a bug against g++, I would like to isolate the problem a little more. Suggestions?

-Quentin