Re: New package: rblcheck

Oliver Falk wrote:
rblcheck-zones.patch:
I made this myself and it's responsible for most of the changelog entries, as I add and remove lists as and when they appear and disappear. I changed the text "RBL filtered by" to "listed by" because
(a) it's more accurate, and (b) "RBL" is a trademark of MAPS LLC.

OK. This moved to rblcheck-texttweak.patch and for the default lists I
created a %{_sysconfdir}/rblcheckrc. This is - of course - easier to
maintain than patchin' around. :-)

Of course, it would be still nicer if rblcheck read %{_sysconfdir}/rblcheckrc and ~/.rblcheckrc itself rather than using a wrapper script, but that would a fair bit of work.

So running rbl <somehost> will check %{_sysconfdir}/rblcheckrc (where the
default lists you patched in) reside now and afterwards read in
~/.rblcheckrc (as usual).

The monkeys.com lists are all defunct. Ron has stopped maintaining them. I believe the same applies to dev.null.dk. And *.dorkslayers.com.

Maybe some of the others too; I'd check them out. Don't just check that the DNS servers return results; check out the websites. These lists come and go quite regularly.

The following lists are specified multiple times:
-s bl.spamcop.net
-s dnsbl.njabl.org
-s list.dsbl.org
-s multihop.dsbl.org
-s opm.blitzed.org
-s relays.ordb.org
-s unconfirmed.dsbl.org

Please don't include my private lists - it might cripple my DSL link:
-s dialups.city-fan.org
-s relays.city-fan.org
-s spammers.city-fan.org

Should be added:
-s xbl.spamhaus.org

So, Paul, I would be pleased to see you updating the rblcheckrc if I get an
approval for the rblcheck package :-)

I'll bear that in mind :-)

And for the folks who had a look at the package allready/will have a look at
the package to approve it. Please note, that I just updated it at:
http://filelister.linux-kernel.at/mod_perl?current=/packages/FC_EXTRAS_APPROVAL/rblcheck

More notes:

- URL for MAPS should be http://www.mail-abuse.com/ not http://www.maps.org/

- ORBL appears to be defunct.

BuildRequires:

- docbook-utils is needed for the docs directory.

Files:

- INSTALL file is generic and not of any use to an end user.

Paul.