Re: New package: denyhosts

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:49 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> My thanks to those who responded; I have made various requested
> fixes.  The new spec and rebuilt packages are at
> http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/denyhosts/

Looks fine to me. I'll approve this package. Do you have CVS access, or
would you like me to import it?

> I'm still looking into aging out hosts.  Hopefully the author will
> have some ideas in this direction.

I asked the author, and he said he's working on, but has not yet
released a version with:

> 1. hostname lookups for IP address
> 2. The ability to suppress "suspicious login" attempts from valid
> hosts.
> 3. timestamp bug fix on email reports.

Personally I'd like a way to block hosts the second time they use a
non-existent user.
--
Aaron Kurtz <a kurtz hardsun net             GPG Key ID: ED588CF2