Re: Icecast

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> > It might be something better added to livna, just because an extras
> > version would have to be ogg-only
>
> I thought icecast was format-agnostic and it depended on ices for
> actually creating the stream (which my repo happens to have the Vorbis
> version for).

ices (or other clients) creates the streams, but icecast reads them and
writes them. It has various sorta-plugin handlers which understand the
various formats it supports to allow it to do that. See
src/format_{mp3,ogg,theora,vorbis}.{c,h}.

It's not really clear to me if what format_mp3.c does would be infringing,
or if it's more along the lines of, say, all the id3-tag stuff that's
already in FC / FE

later,
chris