Re: Request for discussion: Package installation problem with running nscd

OF> What do you think? Should adduser/addgroup check if nscd is
OF> running and if so, run the nscd -i passwd or nscd -i group?

Isn't nscd supposed to watch the source files and automatically flush
if they change?  Run nscd -g and see if it includes lines like:

                 check /etc/passwd for changes
                 check /etc/group for changes
                 check /etc/hosts for changes

This is supposedly governed by the check-files statement in
/etc/nscd.conf.

Of course this only works if you're keeping system accounts in the
files and are only storing user accounts in LDAP.  If you're storing
everything in LDAP, I'm not sure how the system would boot.

 - J<