Re: New package: balsa

On 05/20/2005 11:30:15 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:55:45 +0000, Pawel Salek wrote:
[snip]
> srpm passes rpmlint test with on only one insignificant message
related
> to gmime. The balsa package is basically the same as used to be
> included in Fedora Core 3, apart from the version upgrade.

...and a ~7 KiB unified diff against the last version from Rawhide.
;)
Haven't examined all those changes yet.

Changes can be divided into four groups:
- reorder the headers to match the fedora spec template from fedora-rpmdevtools-1.0-1 and smp-specific macros.

- remove some alpha-architecture and autoconf.sh related dead wood (we now always distribute configure script with the tarball).

- upgrade-related, eg: add gtk-update-icon-cache to %post.

- spec file contains the changelog as managed by balsa project - but I guess I can cut it out to make it fair :).

[snip]
Simple rpmbuild --rebuild failed here. Build requirements may be
missing.
At least:

checking for
glib-2.0
gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4
gmime-2.0 >= 2.1.9
libgnome-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0
   gnome-vfs-2.0 gnome-vfs-module-2.0 libbonobo-2.0
   libgnomeprint-2.2 >= 2.1.4 libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.1.4
... Package libgnomeprint-2.2 was not found in the pkg-config search
path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`libgnomeprint-2.2.pc'
No package 'libgnomeprint-2.2' found

Thanks for finding it - this part is actually same as in FC3 spec file :). I guess I should go through the entire procedure of finding the dependencies... For now, I replace the balsa.spec file

http://balsa.gnome.org/balsa.spec has the checksum:

1afe5cecb6cd66f3316f61e79588f2fe  balsa.spec

Pawel