Re: Addling in linux-wlan-ng to extras

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 11:36 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 16:18 +0100, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > >From what I can see, there shouldn't be a problem adding linux-wlan-ng
> > into extras and it would certainly be useful. The only problem I can see
> > is that due to the configuration options, plx, usb, pcmcia and pci
> > builds are able to be made (or indeed, any combination of them) which
> > may mean different rpms for each driver and the configuration script may
> > be problematic.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this?
>
> Unfortunately no concrete mechanism has been decided on for providing
> modules in Extras,

The primary blocker for kernel-module-* packages is that yum does not
currently supports handling of kernel-module-* packages.

Basically, there is no way to safely upgrade a kernel-module package
that is built for the same kernel version.

If that gets fixed, I think we can beat out the remainder of the issues.
Ville did a lot of them already.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!