Sponsor needed: Enlightenment DR17/E17+EFL

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Tue May 24 14:31:47 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 21:38, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 May 2005 17:01, Didier Casse wrote:
> > I maintain an apt/yum repository at
> > http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe
> > for convenience to the FC users.
>
> Prior to getting sponsored, some quick feedback: enlightenment should
> not Requires: gettext-devel.  BuildRequires is fine.

More feedback.

The "engage" package shouldn't Requires: xine-lib-devel.  Just the
BuildRequires.  You should Requires: xine-lib, though.

Also, I cannot get engage setup by default:

$ engage -e gl
GL: create info...
GL: setup info...
GL: gl window setup done.
Esmart_Trans Error: Could not read root window pixmap property!
Esmart_Trans Error: Cannot create transparency pixmap: no valid
wallpaper and no background color set.
GL EXT supported: GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap = ffffffff
GL EXT supported: GL_NV_texture_rectangle = ffffffff
am a system tray :) :)

Also, I recommend that Keyboard shortcuts and Default Window behavior
are synchronized with what GNOME and KDE provide.  For example,
Alt-Tab.  It might disgust the E! power user, but I think it's
necessary for those that will be switching between desktops.  (GNOME
and KDE finally have come together in common on this thanks to efforts
by Redhat, et al.)

take care,
--
-jeff