Packages failing rebuild for FE4

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 24 16:03:06 UTC 2005

I kicked off a number of Extras builds to try to sync up versions
between architectures.  A lot have succeeded, but some have failed.  If
you see a package you own in the list, if you could investigate the
failure, it would be much appreciated.  I've done some preliminary
looking at the failures and tried to categorize them somewhat.  I also
started out looking at the existing bugs to see if there were patches
that looked reasonable, but kind of gave up halfway through :)

If you don't own any of the failed packages, feel free to pitch in and
help out by attaching a patch to the bug and adding the Patch
keyword.[1]

If you need help with fixing any of them, join #fedora-devel and ask.
People are around who have some experience in fixing problems of this
sort.

* csmash (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/csmash)
  Fails on x86_64, looks like a simple 64bit-ism.  #156205 has a patch
  which looks like it should fix it
* liboil (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/liboil/)
  Fails on i386 with broken asm.  Filed as #158641
* cook (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/cook/)
  Fails on all arches due to broken code, #156203 has an indicator of
  how to fix
* metakit (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/metakit/)
  Fails on x86_64, usual int/pointer confusion. #158460
* unison (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/unison/)
  Failed on ppc for no apparent reason.  #158645
* scorched3d (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/scorched3d/)
  Failed on x86_64, usual int/pointer confusion.  #158646
* viruskiller (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/viruskiller/)
  Failed on ppc for no apparent reason.  #158647
* allegro (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/allegro/)
  Fails on all arches with invalid lvalues  #158648
* arc (http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/arc)
  Bad code, has a patch in #156225
* lincvs
  Missing buildrequires #156234
* libebml
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer problems, #158649
* lablgtk
  Fails with invalid lvalue cast, #156230 has some patches
* freedroidrpg
  Fails with invalid lvalue cast, #152498 has possible fix
* qcad
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer problem, #158650
* inkscape
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer problem, #156228 has a possible fix
* global
  Fails on all arches due to incorrect static function declartion,
  #156212
* gurlchecker
  Fails due to invalid lvalue cast, #156217
* screem
  Looks like it needs updating for the newer dbus, #153224
* libmatroska
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer problem, #158651
* skencil
  Tries to build against python 2.3 instead of 2.4, #156245
* camstream
  Fails on ppc, #158652
* php-pecl-sqlite
  Looks like it needs to use sqlite2, not sqlite3, #156240.  Maybe
  obsolete and should just be dropped?
* netdiag
  Another of the random ppc failures, #158653
* seahorse
  And another, #156244
* amarok
  Needs to source qt.sh, #158654
* tla
  ppc again, #158655
* centericq
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer #156202
* powermanga
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer #158464
* celestica
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer #158443
* Hermes
  Fails on i386 with mmx stuff, #156222
* psi
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer, #158466
* gconfmm20
  Fails on x86_64, int/pointer, #158448

Jeremy

[1] Nominal arch maintainers can feel free to just fix the package and
queue it for a build.