Removal of gtkmm20 (was Re: Packages failing rebuild for FE4)

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Tue May 24 19:49:50 UTC 2005

Jeremy Katz wrote:
int/pointer, #158466
> * gconfmm20
>   Fails on x86_64, int/pointer, #158448

I'd like to request comments on the proposal of removing all the gtkmm 2.0 API
packages from FC4 Extras :

   gtkmm20
   gconfmm20
   libgnomecanvasmm20
   libglademm20
   libgnomemm20
   libgnomeuimm20

There currently aren't any dependencies to those packages in Extras, and all
active gtkmm-based projects that i could find have long moved to the 2.4 API
(already in Extras). I'm looking at the list of semi-dormant or dead projects
still using the 2.0 API but i can't see anything mature enough for inclusion,
and should a specific request come up, my take is it will be easier to create
a patch for the 2.4 port and submit it upstream... (see
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/extra.shtml) Also, the 2.0 branch is not under
development any more and its build is likely to fail every time we bump up the
version of gcc/g++.

-denis