Volunteering to maintain proj and shapelib packages

Hi,

I'm looking to get involved in the Fedora project and was drawn to the list of packages needing a maintainer. As I've used proj and shapelib before, volunteering to maintain them seems a good place to start.

I'm located in Vancouver, Canada and started working with UNIX and C about 15 years ago. Since then I evolved into C++, then Java and finally J2EE based web systems. I first used Linux many years ago when I installed Red Hat 2.1 on my home computer. I got back into it again with Red Hat 8 and am now running FC3 on my laptop and home server.

The company I work for builds systems around the world in various domains, especially for remote sensing from satellites. I've recently been working with on projects to deploy Linux (RHEL) and GIS systems in developing countries, hence my renewed interest in the discussions on adding GRASS to Fedora Extras.

I haven't applied for CVS access yet but will do so as soon someone indicates that this would be worthwhile.

Regards

Shawn