New package: jakarta-commons-cli

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri May 27 05:49:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 00:12 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> jakarta-commons-cli: A simple API for working with the command line
>
> The CLI library provides a simple and easy to use API for working with
> the command line arguments and options.
>
> http://fedora.ivazquez.net/files/jakarta-commons-cli-1.0-1.src.rpm

Unlike almost all of the stuff in Core, that doesn't play well with the
same package from JPackage.  In particular, javadocs are bundled with
the main package which is unusual and bloat IMO, and will cause
conflicts with the JPackage version.  There seem to be some missing
install time deps too, like jakarta-commons-lang and jakarta-commons-
logging based on peeking into the JPackage specfile.

I'd suggest grabbing the JPackage SRPM and just slapping a _Xfc to the
release tag instead of rewriting from scratch.  The java-javadoc build
dep (in the JPackage version) will have to be removed from the FE
version, I think.  http://www.jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=1013