Importing to earlier versions of FC

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Apr 2 23:44:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:30:03 +0100, Paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > Should not the newest version have been imported?
> >
> > If the branch already exists, you are supposed to fix the contents
> > yourself, make tag and build.  Is there something unclear about this?
>
> Right, sorry. Is the best way to resolve this problem with anjuta to
> request the old versions be removed (there are currently two versions in
> there, a really old one and an old, broken one, neither of which I have
> the repositories for, so can't use cvs remove) and then re-request the
> current version to be imported?

The two old binary packages in the RPM repository would be upgraded
once you pushed your updates to the build system.

???

What requests are you referring to?

Simply check out anjuta from Fedora Extras: cvs co anjuta

Then update the files in 'anjuta/FC-4' and commit your changes.
Tag all files as you've done before, then send the stuff to the
build system.

> (I was under the misapprehension that anything requested for import
> would be the version in FE-devel, meaning that anjuta-1.2.4 would be
> moved in as it's the only version in FE-devel)

See my comment in bugzilla.

You _never_ request anything to be imported.

You import things yourself. Either into "devel" or into any of the other
existing branches which exist for your package in CVS: FC-5 FC-4 FC-3 and
so on.