Updating a package in multiple branches

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 14:40:10 UTC 2006

This is the first time I've done a package update, so forgive me if I'm
missing the obvious here.

I've just successfully updated altermime in the devel branch from
0.3.6-0.3.7, following the instructions on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingCvsFaq . That's cool, but now
I need to update the FC-4 and FC-5 branches. Do I have to repeat the
whole process for each branch (including uploading the package source
tarball again) or is there some shortcut to say "copy what's in the
devel branch to branches X and Y". What about the sources file, should I
ever touch this manually or only ever allow it to be changed via "make
<something>"?

Is there a document about this that I should be reading?

Thanks

Tim