Re: Contribution to Extras (an update)

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 10:28 -0700, Wart wrote:
>
>> FWIW, the Games SIG has an additional packaging guideline that requires
>> license files for games to always be included.
> What for? This is non-sense.
>
> The licensing situation of a package depends on much more then a
> "detached license file". I regret to say this, but you guys are trying
> to over-engineer an issue you apparently are not sufficiently qualified
> for.

Erm,

Shooting from the hip again Ralph. Precisely because games sometime can
come with pretty dodgy licenses we have added this requirement. Also I
for one say that you are partly right, this should really be in the
standard Packaging Guidelines. Packages should always include the
license unless they are sub-packages in which case the main package
should always include the license.

Regards,

Hans