RFC: FESCo Future

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Apr 24 14:55:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 10:29 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 16:16 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > OK,
> >
> > => FESCO is a subordinate board of FPB
> > => FPB is governing FESCO
> >
> > Now, with you being a member of both FESCO and FPB, please answer:
> >
> > * Are you FESCO's delegate/representative to FPB?
>
> nope
Bad - Again, no democracy.

>  - I'm just zees guy, you know? :)
>
> I am a member of fesco and a member of the board - I don't really see
> why there is a conflict of interest there.

As you outlined, FPB is governing and directing FESCO.

This is a conflict of interests. Your double-role would not be a problem
if you had been elected/delegated, but you apparently have been not.

>  The goals of the board and of
> fesco are pretty much oriented in the same direction.
>
> I'm not the only duplicate member b/t the board and fesco, either.
>
> jeremy katz is on both, too, iirc. But jeremy is everywhere - he is the
> many-headed hydra :)
I know, and it IS causing me headaches - Remember, we are not talking
about particular persons, we are talking about roles, responsibilities,
supervision, monitoring and control.

> > * Did FESCO elect you as a member of FPB or has RH proclaimed/selected
> > you?
>
> When the board was being selected I was asked if I would be willing to
> be one of the people from the community to serve on this, the first
> iteration, of the fedora project board. I agreed to do it.
>

> not much drama in it.
ATM, I am just asking questions to clarify things. Unfortunately, I
sense no indication of democracy.

Ralf