weekly "new pacakges in Extras" (Was: Fedora Package Announcement List Split)

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu Apr 27 12:30:27 UTC 2006

Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:
>> Anyone interested in doing that job?
>
> Should be fairly easy to keep a week-old copy of owners.list, and see what
> changed every week.  Or check the SRPMS in the repo.  Should there be one
> mail
> for each of devel, FE-5, and FE-4 ?  A combined mail ?
>
> I could whip up some perl to do it.  What should be in there:
>  - package name only ?
>  - package name + summary ?
>  - package name + description ?
>  - package name + summary + description ?

How about having it create an RSS file, pretty much like repo-rss (in
yum-utils) does ? repo-rss only works on repos, which (AFAICT) have no
knowledge of what is new and what is updated, so I think we need a new
tool, but a subscribable RSS feed would help get-hot-new-stuff style
features.

Then, the SIGs will ask you to have a separate feed by group in comps.xml...
(I can already hear the Games SIG :) )

I'd like to help, unfortunately I know very little perl. Would you consider
writing the tool in python ?

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." -- Steve Wozniak