Re: crack attack trademark issues / ok for Fe?

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:08:33 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering why the game crack-attack was in that other repo instead
> of in FE.

With more searching it might be possible to find more references to prior
discussion. This has come up before and also before April 2005.

 So I asked the other repo, I got a reply pointing to this post:

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-April/msg00727.html

This doesn't contain any details.

> Which talks about the Tetris trademark. I however do not see how thats
> an issue as the name crack attack does not seem to use the word Tetris.

Maybe it does no longer. The game web page still does.

Wikipedia gives a brief summary of all the legal rumblings around clones
of Tetris, which didn't use the same name. Enough reason to be concerned
unless you're a lawyer.