Re: Overriding kernel modules

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Xavier Bachelot wrote:

I though the term "tainted" refered to a kernel linking kernel modules that aren't GPL, i.e. a legal issue, not just any new kernel modules.

Yes, you're right, that the original meaning, but from a support pov, its also tainted, that's what I meant. (...)

I would call that "tainting fedora core" not "tainting the kernel" but when its clear what you mean I guess it doesn't matter much...

Linus