Announcing FEver - an upstream tracking system

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 19:38:21 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Michał Bentkowski <mr.ecik at gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't look like a problem; in my opinion wiki page makes it
> easier to add new package to FEver, the better solution would be
> separate it from the main page and put into e.g. FEver/Packages page.

I agree that right now its not a problem. But I expect this to be
fantastically popular, to the point where are are tracking hundreds of
packages all in one page.  We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
Just keep the CVS option in mind for later.

> > Are you talking to the infrastructure team, can this be incorporated
> > into what they are working on for new tools?
> >

> Probably it can, but I did nothing with that so far.

As FeVer's use gains in popularity, that maybe a worthwhile discusion to have.
I take it FeVer is some sort of python-based cronjob you are running
on a local system that you control.  At some point you'll want to post
the code for this if you want help extending the functionality.

-jef