Re: Best way to help a maintainer?

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

Every Extras contributor can maintain every package (time
notwithstanding), but there's also the reluctance to step on other
people's toes since there is a loosely-defined concept of "package
ownership" in Extras.

OK, so a good approach would by trying to get the blessing of the "owners" in question?

2nd question, as I'm not an existing maintainer, and not bringing a new package to the party, and therefore have no "normal" route via fedotra account, cvs access, sponsorship, reviews etc, does this make it difficult to become a maintainer? Or should I try to find "an easy" package to bring into extras and do it that way?