Some status and questions about owners file

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Feb 1 15:59:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:

> There are 65 orphans.

> We have 58 orphaned packages available in extras devel:

What happened to 7 orphans?

> abe anjuta apg apt arc at-poke bochs camstream cgoban cksfv conglomerate
> duplicity freedroidrpg galculator gdeskcal gkrellm-themes gnofract4d
> gnome-password-generator gnome-telnet gnome-themes-extras gnugo gonvert gpa
> gtkglarea2 gurlchecker hping2 libnet10 libzvt lincvs lua manedit meld mknbi
> netdiag nget ots p0f parchive perl-Net-SCP perl-Net-SSH perl-Parse-Yapp
> prozilla putty rpmproc scorched3d screem sirius synaptic tdl tetex-arabtex
> tetex-armtex tetex-font-tipa tetex-lgrind tla wbxml2 wesnoth xmms-cdread xtide

I would not mind taking on putty and hping2/hping3 if they are really orphaned.

> We have 93 packages not available in extras devel:

Are these approved, but not yet created? Or have some of these been waiting for a
very long time? If the original submitter of these packages are lost, I wouldn't
mind taking on dd_rescue and xdaliclock.

> We have 9 closed tickets still blocking FE-NEW
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_id=167621,168906,177272,177274,177662,177859,178141,178902,179039

How are they still blocking when they are closed? One of those (179039) was a misfire from my browser and I
closed it as duplicate for my proper request. Is there any action that should be taken on my side?

Paul
--

"Happiness is never grand"

	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)