Please help comment on hdf/netcdf compatability

I maintain hdf 4.2r1 in FE. I'm running into an issue with compatibility with netcdf. By default, hdf provides the netcdf api as well, unless compiled with -DHAVE_NETCDF.

I also maintain gdl, which can be linked against both hdf and netcdf, but I get complaints. I don't know if gdl can use the netcdf API in the hdf library or not - looking into it (if you know, tell me!).

Those of you who use both, what would you like to see?

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222