Re: ScriptletSnippets: desktop-database,mimeinfo

Ville Skyttä wrote:

Does something benefit from updating the GTK icon cache (or require it)
for a non-GTK app?  If so, in addition to using %posttrans, the gtk2
package would need to run the cache updater in its %post.

gnome does. One example, it helps gnome find the app-icon (faster) for display in its menu(s).

Is it just me or do others think that GNOME/GTK has some catching up to
do in this area when compared to KDE's "it just works" implementation?

Gnome/GTK could be made to "just work" too, that's what I'm trying to accomplish here... (-: To be fair/complete, it just works without the cache, it's just a bit slower.

-- Rex