Re: How to downgrade version of a program?

Tim Lauridsen wrote:

How about one of the followings brute force methods:
a) rpm -U --oldpackage sqlite-2.0
b) rpm -e --nodeps sqlite 2.1  && yum install sqlite 2.0

b) is a very bad thing, i tried it, in a moment of insanity. :-(
It break rpm and yum, then it is very hard to update something.

been there, done that. just copy the required libs from a different (functional) system. or use an older yum, which does not rely on sqlite.

but yes, of course, using rpm -e --nodeps requires a bit of insanity :) (which is why I always try yum remove first, at least I know what might be broken after the forced removal)