Re: Fedora SIGs

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 09:51 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> "Action: Create SIGs (Special Interest Groups). Which ones? Good question.
> Ignacio already started a bit of work at
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs Current groups: GNOME, KDE,
> Multimedia, Perl, Python, Ruby, Scientific and Technical, Server Tools,
> ppc, x86-64. Do we need more? Input needed!"
> We talked a lot about this at FUDCon Delhi last week.  Specifically, a lot
> of talking about building relationships between SIGs like these and the
> Fedora Mentors project.

I'd like to see a VoIP SIG.  There are two major VoIP packages waiting
for review, Asterisk and SER.  I've committed to reviewing SER so that
should get into FE once the package is ready.  The Asterisk packages are
likely to take a little bit because it requires 3rd party kernel modules
and that's waiting on kernel module support in the build system.  The
Asterisk packages could use some QA love while we're waiting for the
build system to be updated.

Here are links to Asterisk and related packages:

Here's the SER package:

If someone can set me up with edit access on the wiki (user name
JeffOllie) I can do the work of setting up the SIG pages.