Re: Packaging review guidelines clarification

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 16:08 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 14:08 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > The problem with that is that not every reviewer has the bandwidth to
> > support a mock build environment (particularly for development),
> <grin/> Set up a local one, that's what I'm doing ...

Hi Ralf,

Are there any brief HOWTOs for setting up local Fedora mirrors that you
could point us towards?  Or, if not, perhaps some advice that you could
put on a wiki page on how you speed up mock builds?  I'd be grateful and
I'm sure other people would, too!

Also, I know some folks are using local squid proxies to amortize the
package download costs over multiple mock builds.  Any thoughts on what
would be the easiest/quickest/most-efficient-for-local-storage setup?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307