Re: Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras

On 2/16/06, Ville Skyttä <ville skytta iki fi> wrote:
> Quite frankly, that's something I'd expect from the package maintainer.
> Or alternatively, an indication that someone else can go ahead if he's
> too busy to take care of it.

This issue highlights one of the weaker points of how contributors in
Extras  are expected to behave when interacting with packages owned by
other maintainers. We have a culture of being very cautious when
touching other people's packages to do fixes and deferring to the
owner's peragotive on how to handle things to prevent unwanted changes
from the package owner's pov.  Is this causing a bottleneck in getting
packages in shape for fe5?

-jef