Re: Help/advice with new goffice with soname change

On 2/16/06, Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> wrote:
> I don't know if any other packages actually uses goffice and I can't
> check because repoview is broken :|

from my fc4 box
repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps --repoid=development
  --repoid=extras-development goffice
goffice-0:0.1.2-4.fc5.i386
gnumeric-1:1.6.1-3.i386
goffice-devel-0:0.1.2-3.i386

Looks to me like there are no other packages in Extras which hang on goffice.

> So how to proceed, I would like to upgrade to 0.2.0 soon, so that if I
> break anything this happens before FC5. I'm actually concedering
> switching to 0.2.0 but applying a patch to keep the 0.1.2 soname, this
> seems the best to me, opinions?

I've no comment about how to handle this.