Re: [Fedora-packaging] Re: PLEASE HELP - We need a policy for preventing man page name conflicts

I suggest efforts would be better directed at fixing the real problem - i.e. the library namespace.
This doesn't work - Check the Inventor and Coin2 examples I tried to
point you to.
I haven't looked at that issue, but the original poster referred to the bug I filed (allegro-devel vs ncarg-devel), which, as far as I can tell is caused by poor API practices, not by one package cloning another.

I guess in your case the situation is different, and a solution at the packaging level would be needed.