Re: static libs ... again

Rex Dieter wrote:
I believe this needs more discussion we all seem to agree that static libs should be provided if possible,

???
There have been quite a few dissenters... including my own stance: static libs should in general be omitted, but allowing for exceptions(*)

(*) If there is good reason otherwise, and packager is willing.

Erm,

Big stupid typo-ish mistake: I meant to write (s/provided/avoided/):

I believe this needs more discussion we all seem to agree that static
libs should be avoided if possible,

Regards,

Hans