Re: static libs ... again

> Not sure who I'm agreeing with here :-), but:
>
> - Put static libs in -static (so they don't get used accidentally)

static libs are never used when there are static and dynamic libs
available (and linking with -l). If they are used accidentally it is
a bug. I have never seen this happen.

> - Keep -devel for headers and shared libs (if existing)
> - -devel requires -static if no shared libs so that dependent packages
> only use BR: -devel.

I agree that it is usefull but not for the reason mentionned above, as
shared libs are used, but because it reduces the size of the devel packages
and it seems to me that it is the most important interest of excluding
static library.

--
Pat