Re: Changing maintainer in general (WAS Re: Anjuta - change of maintainer)

Hi,

> This is great. I am a little disheartened over the whole orphaned taking
> ownership process.
>
> I asked sometime ago about this:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-January/msg01457.html
>
> And got no response.

Odd - you should have. That said, enquiries about orphaned packages are
quite frequent and most of the time, you get pointed to the list below.

> What is the process of a new comer to take ownership of a package?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages

Contains all ye shall need

> I have a Fedora account, what else is needed?

As long as you have the upload certs, you should be good to go (for
orphaned packages - these will have already have gone through the review
process. New packages need to go through the usual bugzilla system)

TTFN

Paul
--
"Träum's nicht, Lebe schon" - Dr. Frankenfurter, Rocky Horror Show