Re: Crontab and init scripts

Mike McGrath wrote:
I'm still open to discussion on this but I'm not convinced that the
yum method is best to be used with Cacti.  I've decided to leave the
cron script in /etc/cron.d/ and simply comment out the line that
causes it to run by default.

I don't understand what's so hard to decide.

Whatever method is chosen needs to integrate with system-config-services in one way or another, because that's what the user (me) expects. Certainly I don't want to be editing config files of any kind, that's the Unix way, and seems quite obsolete to me. Currently it seems that many services fail that test - I can tell just looking at the selinux denials - mrtg and munin and suspect.