Specifying arch in BuildRequires:

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Feb 22 06:07:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 10:52 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> RC> --with-newlib or --enable-multilib?
>
> Neither.  Honestly, until today I didn't know those flags existed.
>
> The failed build is at
> http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/rpms/gpc/x86_64-failed-build.log

This clearly is a side-effect of FC's broken GCC packaging.

FC's GCC had been configured w/ --enable-multilib, and the gcc driver
(/usr/bin/gcc) knows about it.

When building gpc, gcc/configure detects /usr/bin/gcc reporting
multilibs to be present, and therefore starts building gcc libs
multilib'ed. Unfortunately, FC's GCC has been broken into i386 and
x86_64 packages (i.e. /usr/bin/gcc's expectations are inconsistent with
the rpm packaging).

Anyway, --disable-multlib is the appropriate work-around.

> However, the clues I found in the ghdl package (probably just
> --disable-multilib) were enough to get things building.  My thanks to
> Paul.  I'll respin the package and update bugzilla.
Could you upload the *.x86_64.rpm binary rpms?

I am suspecting some paths don't get set up correctly, but I can't
check, because I don't have access to x86_64's ...

Ralf