Help with python-matplotlib packaging

Jose' Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Feb 24 23:57:48 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 22:14, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I'm the maintainer for python-matplotlib.  I'm getting ready to build
> 0.87 and am looking for suggestions about what numeric engine to make
> standard.  I'm building against numpy, Numeric, and numarry, but I don't
> want to have it Require: all three at run time.  Is numpy the way of the
> future and should I just list that?  Currently (0.86) I have
> python-numeric.

  numpy it is certainly the future, what I am not sure is if it is the
present. ;-)

  John Hunter showed interest in maintaining only numpy instead of the general
support for Numerix. The question is if numpy is ready to replace the other
toolkits. We could play cautiously an only replace it at 1.0

  Why don't you put your question in the matplotlib list? It is a friendly
environment. :-)

--
José Abílio