Re: angband license

Wart wrote:

While I was packaging angband, I came across this questionable license
text.  Before I spend too much time with this, I wanted to verify that
the first paragraph is valid.  In particular, it says that the software
can be copied and distributed for non-for-profit purposes, that is, not
for commercial purposes.  Does this disqualify it as an OSI-compatible
license?

Yes it does. It is not a OSI compatible since the OSI definition, claus 6 disallows a OSI license to discriminate against fields of endeavor. Refer to http://opensource.org/docs/definition.php for more details.

--
Rahul