Re: Frustrated package submitters?

Patrice Dumas wrote:
- '''MUST''': For each binary and noarch RPM generated, reviewers must verify that the list of provides ("rpm -q --provides ...") are acceptable for this package.

That would have avoided the issue, I believe. And it is good practice, so let's enforce it. It raises the cost of doing a review, but I believe it
is worth it.

I'm not so sure, the longer the MUST list, the less thorough each step will be done. We need to strike a balance here. This would make a fine should though.

Regards,

Hans