strange rebuild configure error on FC5 (tktable)

Jean-Luc Fontaine jfontain at free.fr
Tue Feb 28 21:59:52 UTC 2006

When trying to rebuild tktable for FE5, I got the following error (from
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/5422-tktable-2.9-8.fc5/i386/build.log):

./configure: line 9966: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 9966: `    case `(ac_space=' '; set | grep ac_space) 2>&1` in'

According to the above, it would seems the following script would fail
on FC5:

case `(ac_space=' '; set | grep ac_space) 2>&1` in
*ac_space=\ *)
echo 0
;;
*)
echo 1
 ;;
esac;

I doubt it (works on FC4, must be something else in configure), but I do
not have an FC5 box to check it...

If you have a little time to spare to help, here are the files:
http://jfontain.free.fr/tmp/Tktable2.9.tar.gz
http://jfontain.free.fr/tmp/tktable.spec

Thanks! I'll keep looking on my side...

--